A Planet Youth webinar for parents.
This webinar was organised in response to what the Planet Youth survey data is telling us about the poor sleep that our teenagers are getting, and the dramatic effect this is having on their lives.
We hope you find the webinar useful, and Emmet’s and Lucy’s slides are attached below.
Planet Youth is a primary prevention model that gives us the opportunity to address and prevent problems before they arise. If you’d like any more information about the project, just get in touch through the email@example.com address.
00:52 Emmet Major’s presentation on Planet Youth, what the evidence shows, and the need for this webinar
14:40 Lucy Wolfe’s address starts
- Being a teenager
- Supporting our teens
- All about sleep
- How much sleep do we need?
- Developmental changes and psychosocial influences on sleep in adolescence
- Common sleep issues
- The relationships that influence sleep
- The relationship with the sleep environment
- The relationship to activity
- The relationship with food and drink
- The relationship with electronic media and screens
- Suggested calming activities
- Natural suggestions to support sleep, rest and relaxation
49:40 Q&A starts
- Screens for reading
- Intrusive thoughts
- Unsettled sleepers
- Phones in bedrooms
- Circadian systems
- Catching up at the weekend
- Natural alternatives to melatonin
- Late homework
01:05:46 Lucy and Emmet – Conclusion, TheFacts website, prevention, where next